Tuesday, May 11, 2004

So, where am I, now? I seem to have adjusted very quickly to family life, with a wife and daughter, after ten years on my own. It is wonderful. Problem is, I just don't seem to have enough energy to enjoy it. For a few years, ballroom dancing was my main form of exercise. Now, feeling kind of disgusted with my waxing waistline and waning energy level, I have started getting some exercise again, and I am starting to really feel the effects of middle age on my body. This is going to be a project, I can see.
I can remember being an obnoxious young punk, laughing to myself at fat, old people waddling along around the track. That karma came due pretty quick. And I know, now, it's not a question of laziness, but of time. There are so many things to do, and I ended up having to reprioritize in order to get the exercise in. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: